Thursday 11 December 2008

Just got home from girls' Christmas play. They did really well, H was great and loud, A was an angel in the chorus and looked tired. But what REALLY annoyed me was the people behind me who talked througout and slagged off the play, the children, the school - R had to restrain me from killing them with my bare hands and making the nativity play one with a twist (of the neck). We don't need morons like you sending your kids to our school - go somewhere else where you can slag off everything to your heart's content. They moaned that we were selling raffle tickets, that was me selling (voluntarily giving up my time for the sake of their children) and the money is TO BUY THE KIDS PRESENTS FOR THE LAST DAY OF TERM PARTIES. Needless to say they didn't buy and needless to say, I will personally make sure their little toads don't get a present from Santa! Ha! 'Sorry, your mummy was too mean to buy a raffle ticket so you don't get a present'. Ha! They wouldn't learn though would they?

Anyway, what their thick skulls probably couldn't take in was the letter we recevied from Ofsted on Monday saying that once again Kanes Hill is an OUTSTANDING school, with 1s for everything except attainment against national averages (you wouldn't expect a 1 for that when you are competing with schools in posh villages). But across the board for everything else the score was 1. That is the top of the scale, not the bottom, hence the tag OUTSTANDING. So, moron women, read the letters and understand that your children go to one of the best primary schools in Southampton. I assume, dear reader, that said women don't read my blog, but if they do - ha - send your children to another school if you want to have reason to slag your kids' school off! Bah!

Phew. Sorry. Bad day. Just heard that Woolworths is shutting. And I can only assume that includes our new and awesome store in Bitterne. What a waste! When a Woolworths lover like myself hears bad news on that scale something has to give. Ate 4 squares of chocolate and a piece of H's chocolate fridge cake too. I mean, offer me the heavens - a Woolies in Bitterne, then cruelly rip it away. It's like a scene from a film.

Just finished reading 'The Shack'. I can't wait for the film to come out. Its a good read, great to hear someone with a very positive take on God, with no vested interest in upholding any institution. I recommend it to all sceptics and agnostics and septics as well. And anyone with a pulse, really, who can get past the shocking Americanisms and twee style. It's worth getting past those things for the ideas are incredible.

No comments: