Thursday 12 March 2009

Here I sit, a triathlete. Tonight, I accomplished:

20km bike ride
5km run
400m flop through the water
shower without fainting
drive home
ate a banana

this is the first time I have done the full distance of all 3 disciplines all at once, if in the wroing order, and I did it in 1hr 30mins. Bearing in mind that this was all indoors, without having to run in the wind or up hills, or have to find my bike while dripping through a car park, this bodes well for my getting a time around 1hr 45 for the real thing. Sorry about spelling but on the lap top and can't use the keys for shaking. Have to cycle to work tomorrow, but its mostly down hill.

Today I visited Sialou in her new flat in St Marys. I can not fathom why anyone would rather live in St Marys than Sholing, but it is saving her £15 a week in bus fares so maybe that makes sense. Its so rough! In the hour I was there I saw 3 different police officers and cars and its so noisy! When we lived in Sheffield we lived on the equivalent road to it, and got used to the noise, the 'sauna' a few doors down and the police cordons at the newsagents across the road where people were stabbed. never went in that one, we went in the one at the bottom of Chippinghouse road, if you know it. Its just normal isn't it, when its every day? But then when you get to live in the countryside for a few years, its shocking to go back to the inner city. One thing I liked about Sheffield ( there are very few) was the Catholic church called 'The Mother of God' - can he come out to play tonight? I am interested, as you know, in church names, and would never dare enter the 'Strict and Particular' Baptist church of Hedge end. I also like the one in Bitterne, called 'CHRIST THE KING and St Colman' - poor little St Colman, a bit of an add on, bit part - the support band that no one came to see.

I am shortly to appear in the Echo - not sure of the exact date but its coming up soon, a big pic of me holding a gardening book in my before garden. I had a chat with the man from the pallet company who is delivering my ton of play bark and shingle - he wanted to check that I knew what I had ordered. Had to lie and say yes, but I have not a clue what a ton of shingle looks like. Might be half a beach turning up and we only have the temporary use of Libby's builder's wheelbarrow that they haven't come back for yet. All is going ahead for the demolition of the wall and shed on Saturday and Sunday, along with the guy comig to dig up the shrubs from freecycle, and R is re rigging one of his boats ready for the season. it seems to all be starting at Easter, and we are on bar duty over the Easter weekend, so hoping for sunshine and I can perfect my cocktail recipes for the sailors.

Last week we talked at housegroup about what to do instead of watching TV. It was a great exercise in itself, although as I watched very little anyway, I personally am not going to be able to fit in much in the extra hour a week I have. But maybe if I did watch TV a lot I would not be a triathlete in training or a garden renovator? I have to say that training and doing the garden project at the same time is pretty stupid, but can only blame myself! I am also scheduled to start learning to use my sewing machine but the Powerpoint course has been cancelled so that gives me a valuable few hours every week to plant seeds.

Do you feel tired reading this? Must go to bed as got to be at work at 8 tomorrow to greet my darling angels with falling out teeth. One girl lost a tooth when we were pretending to be frogs. Oops.

No comments: