Sunday 24 April 2016

Shoplifting

Friday was an exciting day for many reasons, with reason to celebrate. One thing that happened at about 8.45pm when the day was nearly over and I didn't think it could get any better was my contribution to the apprehending of a shoplifter in Tescos. Idling by the tills, whilst my family hunted for bison and boar, I noticed a lady with a large and unusually highly situated pregnancy bump. She would have been carry triplets for sure. She was walking very fast towards the exit, whilst also carrying a large bag. Pregnant women do not walk like that.  I told the man on the tills about her and he rushed after her, and outside the store he managed to retrieve a variety of items from her. I have no idea what happened next except that the young man came and found us as we were leaving and suggested I head back to the wine aisle and choose a bottle on them to say thankyou.  Wahoo! OK then, if I must! Well done Tesco.  We finished the evening with Prosecco, nachos and two episodes of Fawlty Towers. You don't often get a finer evening than that!

Today whilst walking in the fine neighbourhood within which I reside, I walked along a road where the neighbours had all clearly got together and decided to have a homage to IKEA and B and Q in their front gardens. I counted a computer desk, a microwave, two sofas and three arm chairs, a shed roof, a fridge  and a boat all carefully displayed in front gardens. It was quite a treat.  We have been adding to the ambience of the area ourselves lately (no boats at the moment) with lots of full garden refuse bags, as we are employing a local gent to try to make something decent of our sadly neglected garden. He is working hard on reducing the brambles, general weeds and so on, It is a huge task but he is dauntless.

In other news, I have done an immense amount of laundry this weekend, blessed by sunny and windy weather ( I know it would suggest sailing is the thing) I have washed and dried and even ironed almost every item made of fabric in the house. I took the duvet off Rob in bed to get going on washing it - which reminded me of the week I started Brownies aged 7.  I had to do a good turn every day, and decided on the Sunday I would change my mum and dad's bed. However, I started the job before they had got up.

No comments: