Friday 19 September 2008

Today was wonderfully sunny, so we used the new 'Sunsail' shade system in our garden. It is a sail that you have to rig up on a clever system R invented. I have been helping rig the boat lately, so have learnt some important words, such as 'cleat'. Anyhow, after school we cycled to Hedge End to the park, which is a brilliant park unlike any of Southampton's offerings. A has only just last weekend got anywhere further than the floor on her stabiliser free bike, so she was back on mine. She and the bike fell over, and that was before we left the drive. There was a peculiar noise and it seemed as though the mudguard was rubbing on the tyre, but we carried on, it was hard work even though downhill and we sounded like a lawnmower buzzing along. On arriving in Hedge End, I called R to ask him to meet us there and bring a screw driver for some running repairs to get us home. It was noisy where both of us were, and I found myself shouting ' I need a screwdriver!' into my phone, to the amusement of a chap crossing the road nearby.

All ended well, as R not only arrived with the tool necessary to do the job, but with his mountain bike so A could sit on the crossbar seat on that rather than on the seat attached to my broken carrier.

No comments: