Sunday 11 January 2009

Jo and R have dragged me into the 21st century with my first purchase tonight on itunes. i have a shuffle, which you will recall I ' won' for taking r to the gym. Now, finally I have put some music on it. A rather odd combo, as its for school music lesson. so, my playlist is Radetzky march and Pomp and circumstance. If they try to do that ' People who bought this also bought....' kinda thing on me they are going to have me down as a military band freak! 

Had my very frustrating ski lesson today. 13 people in the group, R had 1:1 tuition, I have 12 other people, some of whom find standing up a challenge, let along skiing. Only had about 10 'goes' which is an expensive way to spend a Sunday. However, all my Pilates paid off with core stability meaning I could stay upright and just about got the turning thing by the end.  Found having a positive mindset helps - if you say 'I can do this' then you can.  Some of the remedial skiers in our group were saying to themselves - out loud! (god alone knows what they say in their heads) - 'I can't do this' ' I will fall over'. They need to read a book on being your own life coach! Your body does what your brain says. So, tell your body to be balanced and stay up and it will. Easy! Have booked my place in the Winter Olympic team next year, I am doing the slalom, biathlon and the rubbing a mop on the ice with a load of big Scottish lasses who shout to mop harder, in some weird northern mop game. Actually, put me down for ice hockey and the 4 man bob and the one where you go on your own on a tray as well. 

Chatted to a nice young guy called Anthony Cross who is a referee in the Conference league. I mention him because he is ambitious and wants to referee in the Premiership. Told him I would look out for him next time I watch football. So, if you are more of a footy fan than me (not hard) keep an eye out for him.

Started watching Mary Poppins, that is a film with some serious things to say about parenting and the role of women in family and society. I should do a sociology dissertation on it. There is a song about the suffragettes and it says your daughters' daughters will thank you, and I agree, and do thank you, and am sorry to say we still have a long way to go on this earth to have women perceived as they should be. So, my fellow females, makes sure you use your vote, on behalf of those who don't have one just because of their gender in many countries today. Don't get me started on this one... I have a hobby horse in the cupboard I use to bash over the heads of female non voters in my life.... they don't stay around for long, or they lie and pretend they give a damn and vote when they don't. 

No comments: