Thursday 26 March 2009

Make a note to buy the Echo THIS Friday, when I will absolutely be in it, in our beautiful new garden. It really looks awesome. R spent the weekend pinching paving slabs from people's drives and laying them in the corner as a shed base, only for the shed men from Wolverhampton to say it was not level enough, so this weekend he is concreting it. Hence the new shed in a heap in the middle of the grass, and all the contents which will go in it getting rusty outside or in the lounge looking savage. So this am as I left for work and it was spitting with rain, I did a world's strongest man style event, lugging bags of cement from the bag on the end of the drive to the porch, before cycling to work on my racer. On Tuesday I cycled to and from Swaythling and Netley on the yellow and purple machine, and apart from a sore neck I am doing ok. I look stupid but I can get my feet in the toe clips, and out again quickly enough, which is the important bit.

We had a look at the new thing on Google where you can see your road at street level, and there's a blue Merc parked on our drive!! We think it must be the garden designer's but its an unusual thing to happen to us. It's weird how the photos have immortalized a second in the life of every street - there was a chap changing the bin bag in the bin at our bus stop. I hear people got in a paddy because it showed them commiting burglary and picking their noses - but doesn't that add to the fun of it!

I have been busy at work with teaching children how to cross the road and other important features of life for 5 and 6 year olds. We counted over 100 today! Also learning to count in french, only up to 12. I also led singing practice which was fun, as we sang the Spring Chicken and the Little Seed and another song about getting bugs in your pants. A great sentence was written today in my class - 'Worms flop around all the time'. It had a full stop, finger spaces, was spelt correctly and was only lacking a capital letter.

For our date night last night I was going to take King Pin R to the new bowling complex in Eastleigh, but there was an hour's wait so we went to M and S for a coffee instead. Also an enormous piece of coffee cake. On Tuesday night I went to IKEA for the first time, and it was a very cheap night out - 74p for a hot chocolate. So, next date night that is where we are headed. Time is running out for running before the first event I am entering, however I can run for over 30 minutes now, and can do 5km outdoors ok, so with a bit of competition I should be able to put the 2 together to hit 30 mins, if not too many hills. I have had some fantastic runs in woods near our house, in the sunshine, and after 10 minutes I really love running, even if I am overtaken by dog walkers. So this weekend is a big warm up, my last chance to make any real improvement on my time. Its that or take a scooter with me to hide in the bushes and jump on.

Working 3 days a week seems to be leaving me statistically more tired than 2.5 days did! And thats with my extra 0.5 being time without the children for planning etc. I have been trying to cook tasty and nutritious family meals as well, which is probably where I go wrong, especially as no one is ever grateful and I could just as well get takeaways. Before I get to work at 8am I have motivated H to get out of bed, put laundry on, emptied dishwasher and made breakfast. I have hit on getting the girls to make their own lunches, which is going well at the mo, but might be the novelty factor. I think I need to lower my standards of cooking and cleaning for 3 days. Or get an au pair. This weekend I have an exciting night out with a monk in Winchester. I saw my nun this week and told her, she might know him from her days in London where she worked with some monks. I hope she is not worried that I will forget all about her and get all monkey!

2 comments:

BEC said...

Your tiredness must be your age creeping up on you Kay.
Just accept it.

BEC said...

Your tiredness must be your age creeping up on you Kay.
Just accept it.