Thursday 20 August 2009

Another sailing report, mainly for ME who likes hearing how his favourite Swallows or Amazons are getting on. Well, yesterday was a beach day, we went on a trip to Lepe, a lovely setting but not often frequented by us as it is a long way for almost the same as you get at RVCP. Now, I went on the coach, arranged by the Thornhill Community Association, at £2.50 a bum. The other 3 of my family went by boat, and it took them an age to get there due to winds in the wrong direction. The girls were cold but happy on arrival, and we 3 had a great day on the beach. R, meanwhile, had to get back to take a boat to Shaftesbury, so we were perplexed when his distinctive sail bobbed off towards the Isle of Wight. Hours later, he was still flapping around and I was getting worried that he was concussed, but it turned out that there was no wind going the right way, and the Isle of Wight was obstructing the right wind, or indeed any wind, so it took a while to get any in the sails. He should have been singing 'Jesus, be the centre'. He got back to the club at 3, drove to and from Shaftesbury towing a boat, got back at 6.45 in time to race at 7pm, finally returning home at 9.30pm after approx 7 hours on the water. And frankly, he wasn't beaming enough for my liking, but that was the exhaustion, dehydration and other complications.

Today R and I have been gardening, R has finished the bottle edged path, so no more bottles thankyou. I weeded and thinned and similar sundry garden tasks. Also picked some tomatoes! My brother came down last night and is turning into my dad, he brought plums, eggs, apples, redcurrant jelly and more sodding BEETROOT. Heather across the road thinks its Christmas although I insist she is doing me a favour by taking all the produce offf my hands. We have the lovely Angus staying for a few days, he is 3 and great, lots of fun and mostly smiley, apart from when we lose his precious blanket, and it comes to bed time.

Must go, its 11.15pm and R, H and A just in the door from watching Bournemouth go up in smoke. Or the beach fireworks there, a tradition in our family which I had to skip this year due to babysitting nephew duties. But for a good cause, as our new nephew arrived today! Hooray!

No comments: