Monday 22 February 2010

not sure if that is a video you can click and watch or just a photo. It is H and Freddy Flyer, the school teddy who goes on holidays. Today I did 8 loads of washing, and have it all over the house, and R is going to the launderette after bike club to get some tumble dried before it rots. I also cleaned a lot of the house and cycled in the rain to an osteopathy appointment in Northam, but the osteopath was late ( I gave him over 5 minutes and was just leaving when he arrived). I told him that I was not interested in doing business with him, very nicely, and wished him good luck. If my class turn up at 8.45 I don't rock up at 8.50 do I? No! Indeed! Cycled all the way home again in the rain.

In my quest for good library service I cycled to Thornhill library and gave a furiously positive hello to Librarian Surly, and got a positive reply from the lovely Librarian Jolly who snuck out of the cupboard behind LS. I bought 13 children's books for 65p, the girls are getting through them and then I will take them in to supplement my class's kinderbox until the end of the year. Supplementing the education system through my own money again - I don't do it at all compared to some teachers. We have run out of Pritt Sticks till April, will have to mix flour and water together soon.

After school, A and I made some banana cupcakes, and then during Rainbows, H made the cream cheese frosting and decorated them. Very tasty and good way to use up manky bananas.

I read Sarah T's comment with interest and wonder if Year 8s would like to dress up as German fairy tale characters. Sarah could, maybe, go as Rumpelstiltskin or an Elf. Or Gretel. I think 12 and 13 year olds would relish the opportunity to dress up. My own acting as Snow White's step mother went very well, perhaps too well as the boys with swords all tried to kill me.

2 comments:

Sarah T said...

Hmm, I am not sure that I have rally got the legs for a Rumpelstiltskin outfit! Dressing up does not play a big part on the life of a secondary school, although I did recently wear a hat for a whole day for our 'Hats for Haiti' appeal....

Kay said...

I guess Rumple did not have very feminine legs, did he? Nice one wearing a hat day. Sometimes they wear jeans or pink or other options on wearing your own clothes for charity. Most of my clothes either bought from charity shops or should be given to charity shops. Or both. But not new dress!