Tuesday 22 May 2007

Netto. Ok, so its not politically correct or cool, but we went shopping there on Saturday, alright? The reason for telling you is NOT so you feel sorry for my children and pop a fiver in the post, but because in the car park, or more correctly the loading bay, there was a peacock. Not the shop, the real, live bird, wandering around Netto's car park. How amazing is that?

Although now I read my phrasing on that you are probably disappointed to hear that it was a bird and not a branch of Peacocks Clothing Inc. I would have been hallucinating to see that, as it was I can assure you I had only been on redbush tea (Rooibus as Dunc insists, in his very accurate Southa African vernacular).

Pink champagne was the tipple of choice brought over by the lovely Hice the other night, to get it out of their fridge mainly, but with the excuse of celebrating the 47 000 baby born that day to people we know. Pink champagne should be more widely available, maybe on drips in A and E would be a good place to start.

Today I went to Total NRG with Lou and Ang. It was lots of fun, with some interesting aerobic moves that I think the instructor got from the Karma Sutra. Bitterne Leisure Centre, only the best, for top aerobic classes. Yesterday we went to Bitterne Library, a rare treat for H. I got a bit carried away with teaching my children French and got out 3 books in French, including 'Bear' by Mick Inkpen, in French and English. Will challenge my pronunciation but pleased to say as I know the story off by heart I will pass on the comprehension challenge.

Everyone I know is getting me sucked into the Face book thing. Every time I check my email someone else has sent me one saying 'Would you like to be X's friend?' It is like a blog, only only your friends can read it, and I quite like the risk of knowing that HRH could be reading all about her eating habits, and that I may be discovered and be the next Billy Connoly or something. Is he dead yet?

At A's nursery they are learning about giants, and reading 'The Smartest Giant in Town' which is one of our favourites already. Today when I dropped her off there was a giant pair of shoes on the table, really big. She said at home time that no giant had been in today because there were no holes in the ceiling. Which would lead logically to the conclusion that giants have been visiting H's school which was shut on Friday because there were holes in the ceiling.

I am venturing into the brave new world of selling on ebay. I don't know if I can face the rejection of finding out that no one wanted to buy my fascinator, but someone did buy the little piece of metal off a bike that R put on there. If you did a profile on R based on the things he sold on ebay you would come up with an interestingly bizarre individual who rides a mountain bike wearing a fascinator.

No comments: