Thursday 21 January 2010

Advert for a 8 hour a week guitar teacher job with Hampshire County Council:

(8 hours a week, maybe increased to 14, to cover sickness for 9 months)

Are you ambitious? ( No, clearly not, if I was I would be Eric Clapton by now)

Do you want to impact the education of 150 000 children ( not in 8 hours a week, no! That works out at mighty big clas sizes, and do they really have that many kids in Farnborough who want to learn the guitar? Are there that many guitars in Farnborough? would there be space for people to move around safely if there were that many guitars littering the place, being lugged to school by poor kids who are looking forward to their millisecond long lesson shared with another 1000 pupils taught by a not very ambitious guitar teacher?)

People should think more about their USPs. I broke the unbreakable USB key today, but managed to mend it again. Phew. The story teller went well, we really enjoyed it, the children were so involved with the whole thing and using their imaginations brilliantly. I taught two maths lessons this morning, we are way behind due to snow, so I enjoyed getting back into the groove with maths. I like maths, and I was a bit worried with the level of some of the children and have a lot of work to get them up to speed! Everything went well with the mayor yesterday as well, and my big week is nearly over!

No comments: