Saturday 24 February 2007

Thanks for the link to the Roman costume page. I have lots of ideas now, though not the $450 needed to buy a full on kit. I have decided that 'battle ready' would be better than not for a sword, were I to purchase one. Especially for using in school. realarmorofgod is the scary site for anyone who is lagging behind in roman costume design class. I think I shall go as Caeser.


Did he invent a salad? I noticed this week that the Queen buys milk from Express dairies and from Dairy Crest. She also eats Robinson's marmalade and eats Cadburys chocolate. Studying where she puts her crest gives a rounded picture of her as an individual, just like you or I, eating and drinking the same things as us. Or not! She should get on the Fair trade bandwagon, and should be drinking Duchy original organic milk to support her son. I noticed the royal stamp of approval on the recycled Robinson's jar from which I spooned some tasty marmalade made by R's mum. Aunty June sent some of her 3 fruit vintage to try, and it is neck and neck. Josh, I have not had any from you yet. I expect this will be rectified and I will add an assessment to my blog in due course.

Hope my comments in the previous paragraph regarding queeny count as free speech, not treason. Don't know how touchy she is about these things. If you next see me hoisted on some gallows outside Buck House you will know the answer.

We have been in the Isle of Wight all week. It really should re-create itself as a time warp zone, and market itself on its old fashioned-ness. That is all I can bear to say at this moment, will save rest till tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a pity! I only just saw your bit about wanting a Roman costume. I have Roman gear here. Look at my Homepage under "Welcome to my Page" to see it. It's too late now I notice, you needed it for today.

Perhaps it would have been to big for you anyway. Sorry.

Keith