Sunday 4 February 2007

Travelcare, the Coop's travel agent, was my 'First choice' ( ha ha!) for booking a holiday. It is, of course, situated within the holy inner sanctuary of Bitterne precinct. Michelle, my 'travel consultant' was very confident at dealing with a hopeless amateur who has never been on a package holiday before. Then they let her loose on me! She recommended, and sold, me a holiday which I am sure you will hear more about on this very site in the future. We are very excited about going somewhere hotter and sunnier than Bitterne for a week later in the year. Can't say more than that, don't want Bitterne -on -sea clogged up with fans wanting my autograph, or Steve Jones to come round and nick the family silver whilst we are away.

Rob and I had a quick trip to the Bitterne gym today, and a longer session at the Quays gym yesterday. That was marvellous, once again I have to say that Bitterne scores nil point compared to Southampton's award winning leisure venue, the Quays. Rob watched the rugby and attempted to explain parts of the game to me. It did make more sense once I knew what they were aiming for (the line - any line) and that they can only throw backwards - I had previously thought they had forgotten which way they were going. He got a bit fed up with my questions, but I did a little better this afternoon when Josh was the male providing commentary, and I managed to slip in a few vocabulary words like 'try' and 'kick'. He taught me 'offload'.

We went to the cinema last night, and watched the Pursuit of Happyness, with Will Smith, who seems to be a very versatile actor, playing a doting and hard working father in this one. It is an American dream film, ie 'if you work hard enough you can do it', and at times it was painful wondering what else could possibly go wrong, but on the whole it was thought provoking, had characters I cared about and was not violent.

I think it is funny that I have just written about a film on this, as many of you know that I watch less films per year than most people watch per week. So, that is probably it for all you film buffs. Sorry David. Rob did like the look of the new Spiderman film, coming out in the summer, if anyone wants to take him.

We got the bus home and at the bus stop got chatting to a man from Thornhill, who is trained as a builder but unable to work and on long term sick due to chronic illness. It was good to talk to him and listen to his story, and I hope our paths cross again. I prayed for him to be healed of the diseases he has, so watch this space. God seems to be busy at the moment, or maybe God is always busy but I don't often listen and watch what is happening.

I love getting the bus because you meet so many people. If you want to meet more 'ordinary' people, get the bus more places, more often. If you only do one bus journey a week it will make a difference to your life. Getting the bus is the easiest thing you can do to be more like Jesus. That is a big statement to make, and you might fight me on that one, but could I recommend you do once a week for a year and then get back to me?

I would be interested to hear if anyone has done any fencing. The sport, that is, rather than DIY.

No comments: