Thursday 12 June 2008

Yesterday there was a poster on the kitchen door

Breakfast £1.

No money-no food.

I didn't have to pay, as the money raised was to pay for a present for me. However, as A has no access to her own funds, and Jo is staying and working as a maid and child minder, I paid £2 for them to eat. H then took the money to the Coop, to buy my present. Now, I was thinking - bar of chocolate ( "Fair trade, A, not smarties, as they don't help poor children go to school do they mummy?"), magazine, that is about all the Coop stretches to that could be called a present. What do I get? A tin of Heinz vegetable soup. Serves me right for being so practical myself, that the child most like me is, well, like me! R said to a friend once: " I wish they were all a bit more like me!" Anyhow, soup for lunch today it is!

R went to Bon Jovi last night, his Christmas present from me at last arrived. It was fabulous, apparently, and would have been wasted on me as I would have found it too noisy. I watched the final of the apprentice, and wanted Claire to win, as Lee has way too much facial hair that grows too fast for him to be human. He seems a nice enough chap, but frankly, if he is worth a 6 figure salary, then so am I. Can you imagine if I went on the apprentice? I would be awful, too cooperative and kind and not caring at all about the cash on the bottom line. I would be giving Ferrari rides away to poor little urchins and barrow boys. I would be giving ice creams away to them too. That would ruin the interiors.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A tin of soup, I love it!