Friday 8 May 2009

I worked out that I was beaten by 75 women, and came ahead of 50 other women. Which makes me feel better than coming 300 and something th out of 400! R is really keen to do another, however I fear that our finances might not be able to cope with yet another dent of a fitness variety, as most of our disposable income these days goes on various sporting pursuits. I am going to join Triathletes UK and get a small discount every time I enter, and with all the outdoor training its almost not worth going to the gym, but I do love the outdoor pool and the spa stuff. Got annoyed there today by crowds and water too cold, so will drive a hard bargain renegotiating our membership. As one of my reasons for joining was learning tennis I ought to get around to that sometime soon.

I am doing a 'Godily play' this Sunday after a bit of a break, am hoping to use a few at school shortly too. School has been fun this week, but tiring, we had our family assembly on Wednesday which meant lots of rehearsals and tired teachers and children. I was very stern today with the non library book bringers, but nice to the rest. We have learnt about Grace Darling, and they have done some really good writing this week, when you look back in their writing books to the start of the year you can really see their progress.

I forgot to say that H won a Barbie microphone and stand, but the stand is broken. It spurred me on to enter some great competitions tonight, including one for a watercress cookbook. I have a coupon to enter the same competition that I entered last year for the garden design if you are interested let me know. The Alresford watercress festival is on next Sunday and includes Morris dancing and the world watercress eating championships. Its got to be the best event of the year! I love watercress, I could enter that, its really healthy and low calorie and tasty. I challenge you to go up against me and take the victory from me!

Not much of note happening, I have not watched TV for over a week but not deliberately, just not had time to breathe let alone sit down. But this weekend is less action packed. I do have to buy some small luggage and a wetsuit. We are taking our own wetsuits and buoyancy aids to Portugal and I have concluded that it would be best to wear them in order to minimise packing. This might not show much faith in the pilot though. I nearly made R wear his sallopettes on the plane on the ski holiday and he refused, so I think he will be less than keen to go in wetsuit on another aeroplane. But why not? In fact, I might wear all my clothes and not have to put anything in the hold. I once stood in the Tate Liverpool and watched a video of a man putting on lots of clothes in a public toilet, in the name of art. R was sat in the cafe drinking coffee. He doesn't do modern art. Or old art much, actually.

Girls are vying for a pasta treat to Disneyland Paris. Pasta treat indeed! I have suggested if they can defer and fill up the jar three times it might be an option ( I want to go anyway). They keep losing pasta at the moment, so we will not get there ever if they continue to whinge at each other. My brother was laughing at H's description of me describing Blackgang Chine as 'the worst place on earth and I am never going again, you can if you work there when you are 18'. Surely Disney's offering is nicer than the Isle of Wight's falling cliff chimney pot walk experience? It's Angus's 3rd birthday today. We went to Blackgang Chine for his 2nd birthday. Luckily they are not on the Isle of Wight this time so we are saved from that doom. A swim to the Isle of Wight, a cycle across it one way and a run across it the other would be a good tri though wouldn't it?

No comments: