Saturday 19 September 2009

No gravel pits here.

Is a sign in a window of a house on my way to work. I am not sure if it is a protest, in which case an ! might help, or a polite and informative notice to stop people knocking and requesting access to a gravel pit in their back garden. What do you think?

Today we were at the Preston Cross Hotel in Little Bookham for a ruby wedding lunch for Ma and Pa Gibbs. I seemed to rope Granny Mary in to making the cake and helping with the table decorations, so H and I travelled up by train to Surbiton last night and got over to the hotel fairly early to get things set up. I was also in charge of the guest list and photos, so managed to cobble together a few bits and bobs for people to peruse. The food and service were very good and I would heartily recommend the venue were I asked. My brother (Uncle Andy) did a great job of using the photos I scanned - I know - I used a scanner! - as part of his pub quiz, and then carefully helped all the tables equally. My table still won, possibly helped by the fact that R was on it and he had helped with the whole thing. Not to mention been around or taking many of the pictures. The pub quiz was a great alternative to a speech, lots of fun and I would recommend that too.

The weather was amazing, a fabulous summer day to enjoy the gardens of the hotel which are perfect for running around and hiding in. Very good, 10 out of 10 as dad would say!

No comments: