Saturday 12 September 2009

Think I completely neglected to tell you about my triathlon victory on 23 august. Onlya victory over about 80 other people, I came two hundred and something out of two hundred and something, but I was pleased with my time of 1 hour 44 minutes and something seconds. About 100 people came in the 2 minutes faster than me, so I was in the main bulk of people and not lagging, and my run time ( 3 miles) was better than for my 5k I did on its own in April - its further, and it was at the end, so that was a shock. I did overtake a couple of people on the run, but I was overtaken by many more. Overtook a couple on the bike, and managed to stay with a old wiry cyclist looking chap on the bikes for all but the last 2 miles of the 20 I did in just over an hour. The swim was dire, I was late as could not find the entrance to the changing rooms, so only had 10 seconds to put my googles on and get focused, resulting in a splashing and flailing fit and a time of 10.15, which I had bettered in training.

This morning at 7am I went for a 10k run with vicky and Sarah, my running buddies, but I took a wrong turn and we did about 12km, but our time for the 10k was dead on an hour so we were delighted with that. I then took the girls for a swim, and then played an hour of tennis, before sinking into a deck chair and reading the paper for a couple of hours, with the odd break to do laundry related tasks.

H's sleepover is creeping up, 6 minutes to go until the hordes ( well 2) of delightful thornhill girls descend. Went to the park this afternoon with the girls and Amanda and Beth and Abi - Hattie had bravely let her take her girls to the park in a fantastic confidence boosting act for Amanda.

No comments: