Tuesday 24 April 2007

Hey!That is a picture out of 'sample pictures' that I did things to with Picassa at my course tonight. I tried to put it on my blog and IT WORKED! Tonight I remembered my USB leads, had done my homework and was early, but I had not checked and the battery was dead in my camera. I had lots of fun using Picassa and taught the rest of the class how to use the 'collage' feature' to produce pictures that look arty-ish. We were allowed to print some of our pictures tonight, for added excitement. Next week we are using Photoshop. If anyone has a wedding or other occasion and would like me to do the photos, I also learnt tonight how to use the anti red eye feature, so would be well worth a gamble. £50 for the whole package? Steve?

Have overdosed on Bitterne, dear reader. I know it sounds impossible, but I have done BLC twice in two days (one swim, one gym and swim) and checked out the library and the charity shops on one of those visits. The guy who tried to steal the child was 53, btw, not 23. Don't know if that makes the previous entry better or worse, but at least it is now factually corrected. One of the mums from school was one of the people on the scene who shooed him off and had to give a statement to the police. So she was a reliable source.

One quite exciting thing is that Bitterne Library is going to be opening on Thursdays from now on. Libraries in Southampton are traditionally shut on Thursdays, so it is quite a departure to open on a Thursday if you are a library. I can see that I might have built that up too much by describing it as 'quite exciting'. But that is relevant to life in Bitterne. Another exciting thing was that I found a new flavour of Snack a Jacks in the newsagents in Bitterne. Prawn cocktail. Mmm. I don't think I have ever eaten a real prawn cocktail so I don't know how little the crisps taste like the real thing, but I love the synthetic flavour, along with Worcester sauce flavour crisps.

Incidentally, I have never eaten a steak.

2 comments:

Minkyboy said...

Huzzah! Well done you. I expect an explosion of photo-goodness on your blog from now on.

On another note, whatever flavour they say those snack'a'jack type of things are, they all just taste of carpet tile.

Anonymous said...

Kay, you're on. See you in Belfast Saturday. Failing that, Elaine and I would be happy to re-enact the events of our big day in Bitterne precinct for the benefit of the entire photo class.

Steve (ESFJ).