Monday 20 April 2009

Today the girls had enough pasta in the jar for their treat, which was to go to Poppins for pancakes. Amazingly, on the rare occasion that we go to Portswood, A noticed that a new Poppins is being built there. I heartily recommend it, its like a Wimpy in the olden days, staffed entirely by Greek or Turkish or similar men. Sorry to cause offence by lumping the Greeks and Turks together like that. Anyhow, we went to Eastleigh for our Poppins experience, during which we also bought h some leggings in New Look. The girl was very helpful, explaining how to wear them - kind of scrunched up, a look I had hoped had gone out with the 80s. Its seems 80s is in, with lots of garish colours and boob tube style tops. NO ONE looks good in a boob tube!Might be handy top for breastfeeding, leading me neatly into describing my delight at meeting the latest Evans prodigy, a 3 day old A looky likey with dark hair and eyes and enough meat on her bones! I don't do scrawny babies, and like me, Anna likes to have hers overdone too, with 11 days coming close to H's overtime, but nothing on A's ridiculous 15 days over which is doubly ridiculous for someone who gets up early every morning and doesn't do late. I snuck in to see the lovely babe on a bike ride to Rhinefield where I met the rest of my family and the Whitmores for a 7 mile bike ride, which seemed like a walk in the park after the 15 miles in the saddle to get there. Made good time and confident for the race now. Did the ride straight out of the pool, wet, to try it out. I don't recommend it. Athletes foot should be called Triathletes foot, as if you jump out of a pool and put your feet in trainers you are asking to catch germs between your toes aren't you? Was fiddling around with a quick towel dry but think I need to improve my time in the changeover. Then did a run last night over to the Lone Barn - cross country, and was picked up by a friend just before that last steep hill up out of Lowford towards the pub. She had already been primed to bring my spare clothes so I was not sat in lycra for our NCT meet up. Had seen quite a lot of V and R as had looked after V's lovely children on Friday, and had R and co to lunch, then James and R came to the sailing club on Saturday for a trial sail for James. Sadly, his sea legs gave way and despite it being the calmest, sunniest most perfect day for beginners he found it all a bit much. A went right out on the Topper with R, and swapped sides a few times, and H did some capsize drill in the Topper with amazing style. Oh I am dreading that bit! We had swum before sailing, in my campaign to hothouse my children ready for 2012 - I know, A will be a bit young to be winning medals by then, but I am hoping H will sweep the board in the sailing and swimming events. Oh, cycling too, why not?

R has been busy making the planters for the garden, and I have today planted them up with some of my lettuces and tomatoes and other unidentified veg. I don't really do those little tags which say what is what, so its always a pleasant suprise to see what grows.

School tomorrow, back to real life after a fabulous couple of weeks off. The girls are so much nicer to each other in the holidays. Grit teeth for tomorrow.

3 comments:

niddler said...

It was great to have a surprise visitor, thank you for popping in! We're home now - a different set of challenges!

also...I've resisted saying this up until now but... PLEAAAAAAASE can we have some paragraph breaks!?

Kay said...

Aha! I do think about paragraphs, and where to break up my stream of consciousness, and have tried to put them in, but find it a struggle to see where one ramble ends and another begins, as you can tell I am not even keen on full stops. But will try to raise my literacy game. For you.

niddler said...

I am honoured, and (having read a few subsequent posts) gratified to see some breaks.

To be honest it doesn't really matter if you are actually separating the thoughts, it just makes it easier to see where you're at when reading it if it's got a few gaps!