Thursday 30 April 2009

Today I have been attempting to teach 5 and 6 year olds to write poems. It is not a pretty sight, and the efforts they have produced are entirely a credit to their other teacher, and not me. I was sweating blood trying to get rhyming couplets out of someone who doesn't use finger spaces! Felt all discomfistubalted today, rushing, and late to singing practice ( poetry overran) which I don't like. The rain didn't help the poems flow, and led to a fractious science lesson with them blowing through straws to move balls along tables. It looked like it had been raining indoors, but was actually flecks of spit from the ends of the straws. They are, luckily, superb and fun children to be with, even when trying to puff at balls and write poetry in the name of education. So I still would rather be there with them than behind a desk, even, dear Matthew, writing code, which you think I would enjoy. Writing codes for computers, or experimenting with balls and straws? It's a 'no brainer!' as they say!

Hey, we have been invited to a very posh sounding wedding by a Sir and Lady! This is a once in a lifetime occurence (this is the second time) up there with attending a funeral hosted by an Archbishop. So, I need to fish out a correspondence card and the family inkwell and reply to the gracious invitation etc etc.. R's uncle is a Sir, due to the amount of time he spent toiling away in academia and natural history, and R's cousin Louise is getting married. I am sure it will be a fabulous family event and despite us only seeing Louise at weddings we are delighted to be invited to her own.

All is going well here in the Rehab unit I am running. We now have a cleaner who does once a week and it is making a huge difference to how I feel about the balance of amanda/housework etc etc.

2 comments:

niddler said...

Woo - I got a mention! If I count the mention of my daughter a few posts back, I'm doing rather well. Sarah T will be getting jealous!

Sarah T said...

Jealousy is a very ugly quality, which I try to steer away from at all times. But now I have been mentioned by you as well - double whammy!!