Sunday 10 December 2006

Bitterne is always the best place to start. I did not wish to mislead the public into thinking I was robbing Barclays Bank. Only of biros, and even that I resisted. Nicky is the treasurer of our toddler group and needed my paw print on a cheque, hence a good excuse to visit the precinct. I did legit business in Bitterne on Thursday, when I was looking for some A5 envelopes ( could not find them, thanks to Lorna who went back later that day for a good rummage and produced the goods). Ideally I wanted them with 'Lloyds TSB' emblazoned on the front, as I am keen to start a 'Catch me if you can' kinda thing going in Bitterne, where there are many banks and building societies waiting for a scam. I nearly purchased some trousers in Barnados. However, the ladies at the till were too slow EVEN FOR ME, and I gave up as we did have a painted wall to watch dry. Superdrug were once again the chemist of choice, will happily accept sponsorship on my blog from the Bitterne branch. A checked in at the creche I did a good few lengths swimming in the finest pool this side of Harefield. A select bunch of die hard enthusiasts in December, so none of that bumping into people and instead I could use the time to pray and be and think. One gentleman did engage me in conversation but I just waved my butterfly arms at him, put on my nose clip and trouser clips and headed for the deep end. I did cycle all the way to and from Bitterne on that day, btw. With a 3 year old on the back of my bike, which adds to the challenge coming up that hill.

Another shopping excursion took me to Macro. What a fine emporium that is. It is so vast you can not see one end from the other ( I guess a bit like Australia) and there is a cafe in the middle, presumably for people who have lost the will to live and can't find the way out. Having said that, I did not sample the beverages as was on a tight schedule, so it might be the next best place for posh coffee. Will try again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you make me laugh! you are a top friend to have !, :> vicky xx

Anonymous said...

blah blah blah Bitterne again. Haven't you heard of Northumberland, lots of sheep etc.
I am the man who tried to talk to you in the pool. I was just looking to ask you about Jesus but you missed that one there, consequently I will be lost foever and all for a missed length or two, oh how superficial...