Wednesday 13 December 2006

On my blogger dashboard it says you can do team blogs. I am all for team sports that don't involve falling over, so if any Bitterne enthusiasts out there want to join in, get in touch. Only a quick trip to 'Total Workout' with Fran at BLC today. A bit of the old kickboxing, some sit ups, press ups, lunges, it was good for me. And would be good for you too, possibly as a pre morris dancing limber up? I noticed today at a pub that they have a Morris side doing a Mummers Play there soon. Now, I read 'Return of the Native' by Hardy for my A level English, and that involved a mummers play. I have never seen one. I think Morris dancers are getting a bit above themselves if they think they are good enough at dancing to branch out into acting. They need to practise dancing in time with the music and with each other first.

H has a CD of Christmas music and one tune is about wassailing. I suggested that a modern day translation would be 'carol singing' but know I could be horribly inaccurate and would appreciate any comments from anyone who can correct me. It sound like the kind of thing mummers would do.

Conversation between 2 morris men:

- What do you do in your spare time?

- I mummer and wassail.

Mmm.

No comments: