Wednesday 17 January 2007

Pilates was fun, very speedy, but all moves I knew and like, feel tired but not achey today so that is good. Did not do any secret footage, but a very amusing moment when we were all rolling on the floor ( part of the routine, not accidental) and one lady's bottom 'burped'. She kept apologising for having beans for tea! I wonder if she will be there next week? Maybe some of you would like to meet me there to find out...

Eastleigh. Wow. I had a marvellous day there with the lovely and joy giving Andrea, during which we discussed our different faith journeys and other important issues like where to go on holiday. We had a goat's cheese salad for lunch at The Point, Eastleigh's arts centre, and were delighted to book tickets to go and see 'The Gruffalo's child' in the Easter holidays, if that means anything to anyone.

Eastleigh is a spectacle to behold. No less than 11 charity shops, I was in charity shop heaven. Yes, there will be charity shops there. All of them staffed by fabulously jolly elderly ladies who need to phone a friend to operate the till for the simplest cash transaction. I purchased: a skirt and 2 tops for me, a pair of shoes for me and a pair of boots for H, a book for a friend, a basket for when we do easter egg hunt at toddler group, an action man, a photo frame, some bath and shower gels in a sealed package - are you keeping up? Its like the generation game, only better! There is a 99p shop in Eastleigh ( like a pound shop, but cheaper) which is also well worth a visit, and we didn't get time to do TXMAXX, so will rebook a date with Andrea soon. She knows all about colours and chose some excellent items for me. She is highly recommended if you want a fashion advisor for charity shop hunts.

No comments: