Thursday 9 November 2006

Hi. Guess I have got quite a following judging by the number of comments left. There is a thing on here which you turn on to prevent unwanted comments. Hey! all gratefully received.

Someone I met today ( young man, plumbing apprentice) told me people do blogs to make new friends. Frankly, I don't mind if you want to read this but I am not looking for extra friends. (especially not ones who might be reading this - members of the Bitterne fan club, perhaps). I love the ones I have and want to make it easier for them to keep up to date with my trips to Bitterne, so they know what they are missing by zooming past it in their cars rather than stopping to enjoy its olde world charms.

Today we went to Bitterne by bus (am i boring you yet?). A wasn't sure whether bus driver was male or female. Interesting conversation to be had when A is 3, not within ear shot of driver.

Anyway, enough of the journey! I can tell you that one part of Bitterne not to bother with is the public toilets, in case you were going to make a special journey. The ladies in Superdrug pharmacy are much more friendly than in another chemist in Bitterne (want to avoid libel). Successful purchases today included a nit comb, tights, cough mixture and Quorn burgers. Mix them all up and cook at 180 degrees for 20 mins for a fine vegetarian alternative to faggots. Hope I can say that without getting blocked by your anti bad things screening device.

We went to Bitterne Leisure Centre 'the heart of the community' in my opinion. Hours of fun with a bouncy castle and a locker that flashes when you lock it. Well, about one hour of fun. Met a friend and she had a friend with her who I USED TO TEACH. How bad is that? I feel so ancient now. However, nothing Radox can't solve. But I don't have any of that. Yet.

Tomorrow I am hoping to go to Thornhill Park Road shops to buy some door mats. Will let you know how things go as soon as humanly possible.

Bless you all.

Good night. kx

No comments: